Thursday, July 2, 2009

Official Guesses

OK, the gender poll was fun. 28 for girl and 20 for boy. I know some of you out there voted multiple times, so I thought it would be fun to do a post where you can leave your guesses in the comment section. I want to know your guess on gender, weight, length, and time of birth.

To give you all equal footing in this game I'll give you some stats from our family.

Caleb- born at 8:26pm (induction started around 9am); 8 lbs 11 oz; 21 1/2 inches
Carter- born at 3:22pm (induction started around 8am); 8 lbs even; 19 3/4 inches

I don't know much about our own stats except:
Jenny- 8 lbs 7 oz
Steve- 9 lbs 2 oz

At 34 weeks this baby was weighing 5 1/2 pounds and in the 60% for size. I will be 38 weeks 5 days at delivery (unless I go into labor beforehand)

So, there's all the info you need to make an educated guess. I really have no prize for the winner except bragging rights. So leave your guess in the comment section:
1. gender
2. weight
3. length
4. time of birth

15 comments:

Steve J said...

Gender: I think it's a bit early to start imposing roles on it, don't you?
Weight: I'm going with 8 lbs, 7 oz...as long as it's heavier than 7 lbs, 11 oz so we won't have the runt of the James Family grandchilder (jk, Shan..;).
Length: 19.5 inches
Time: hopefully sometime in the afternoon as to not interfere with my tradition of IHOP for breakfast (it's a 5 min walk from the hospital).

Stacy said...

Gender : Boy

Weight : 8 lbs 3 oz

Height : 20 1/4 inches long

Time : 2:30 pm if you're induced that morning - 8:30 am if you go in the night before - Steve would have to do IHOP after the baby comes - ha!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I almost didn't play since there aren't any prizes.

Gender: Girl
Weight: 7 lbs 15 oz
Length: 19.5 inches
Time: 12:31 pm

Dana said...

I am going with Girl

weight: 8 lbs 5 oz

length: 20 inches

arrival : noon

I am thinking the third one has to be quicker and easier...it's only right.

darlene said...

Gender: Girl (to make Grammy extra happy)

Weight: 8 lb, 1 0z
Height: 19 in
Time: 1130

For the record, I went into labor at 1230 AM with you and you were born 3 hours later.

Jenny said...

Oh, I guess I should also say:
Caleb was 10 days early.
Carter was 9 days early.
This one will be 9 days early.


And the fact that my mom had me in 3 hours go to show why I want to be induced and under pain medication from the start. Otherwise I might miss out!

Shanan & Shannon said...

Ooh - this is fun. I can't believe this is really happening.

Boy
7.15 (I'll take the runt...he's mighty tough)
20 inches (Stevan thinks this one is the shortest - does that lead to a girl vote?)
1:10 pm

Have fun!

Anne said...

I'm hoping you have a girl!

Weight: 8 lb 6oz

Height: 20" even

Time: 12:47pm

Emily and Andy said...

I am going to say a boy (both girls want a girl and your brother still does not believe you are pregnant), born around 3 pm, weighing 7lb 14 oz, 20.25 inches.

Can't wait to find out for real. I also can't wait to find out the name. Are you sticking with the "C" theme or venturing out? Only a few more days...

Now that I look at it, I think those were Kayla's measurements. I hope for Steve's sake that the baby is bigger than Caroline was (6 lb 14oz) or you will have the runt of the Gorham kids as well.

Papa Jimbo said...

Gender: Girl
Weight: 8 lbs 3 oz
Length: 19.5 inches
Time: 1:18 PM

Like your Mom said, you were born at 3:20 AM. She finished 3 games of bowling just 6 hours before your were born. So instead of dinner out with the faimily on Wednesday night I think we should go bowling.

Emily said...

girl
8lbs 8oz.
21 in.
1:53pm

In His Grip said...

I was set for a girl but when I found out Steve knew I now think boy. Not sure I should stick with my first instinct. Ok, I will- girl.
8 lbs. 4 oz
19 3/4 inches
Time: 2:22 p.m.

Amy said...

Girl
8 lbs. 13 oz.
20 inches
12:10pm

I can't wait to meet the little Bug! It seems like yesterday that I was with you when Carter was born --- and not long before that that I was waiting in the waiting room of the hospital while Caleb was born. What great memories!

Shannon said...

Gender: Boy

Weight: 8lb 2oz

Length: 20.5"

Time: 1:37pm

amy said...

Girl
8 lb. 2 oz.
20 1/2 in.
12:43 p.m.

I hope I win! I love bragging rights! lol