Saturday, July 4, 2009

5 Days or Less!



Here are some other photos Eileen sent me. I think she did a great job with our family shots. Here's her website for anyone who wants to check out her gallery (my photos aren't out there right now, but you can see her other stuff)
It's crazy to think this time next week we'll have a new baby. And, we'll finally know who this is! Steve is really getting tired of holding the secret- or so he says. I'm looking forward to the big announcement in the delivery room... and then really looking forward to telling my boys and introducing them to the newest member of the family.
I'm so excited my parents, Steve's parents, my SIL Emily, Stew, Sunni, and lots of friends will all be around to share in the joy. Now, if this baby decides to make an early entrance then all my plans could change. We'll just have to see. I've had contractions on and off the last several days. Nothing major, but hopefully enough to make some changes. Monday I go back to Dr. O and hopefully will get a good report.... good enough where I don't have to go to the hospital Wednesday night.
Mom and Dad are coming today. We will "nest" together... finish the baby bed, unpack gifts, organize stuff, wash some baby things. I think this will put all my friends at ease knowing we'll be ready to bring a baby home. ;-)
Monday will be appointment day. Tuesday will be family day with my 3 guys. And Wednesday is when the extended family starts to arrive. Knowing my past experience with scheduled childbirth I tend to start getting "in the zone" and mentally preparing for Dday the day before. What that means is I most likely will not be in the mood to chit chat on the phone. In my opinion (and probably the opinion of my husband and parents) I become a more demanding, short-tempered, and easily-annoyed person. Everything becomes about me and what I want to do and exactly how I want to do it. Thankfully they just roll with the punches. But, worry not... the jovial Jenny will return after childbirth.
Hope everyone has a safe and cool 4th of July!


12 comments:

Stacy said...

I promise I won't call on Wed but hopefully talk to you before! Great pics. Can't wait to see the rest and see/hear about your new little bundle. Love ya!

Emily and Andy said...

She takes such wonderful pictures. Can't wait for the big day. I am so excited I am going to be able to be there.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures....love them! Praying for you, Jenny!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE these photographs. What a great visual memory to have. We are praying for you and will await to hear all of the details from Sunni. I am glad that she will be there. Do you think this will give her any ideas about #2? :) Love you!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Great pictures. Can't believe it's almost here ... I can't wait for the news!

Shanan & Shannon said...

it's all so beautiful. These are pictures you'll treasure forever. You feel free to do whatever you want for the next 5 days. It's all about you - that's the privilege that comes with carrying little bug. I can't wait to find out who this little one is. I'm even more excited to hold him/her in just 4 short weeks. Have fun nesting and do what makes you happy. Got your pedicure yet??? Blue toenails or pink toenails or five of each?

Steve J said...

Ummm...I have no comment on Jenny's supposed behavoiral traits.

Julie said...

We missed you at the group pool party today.

We will wait for the news and stay far far away. :)

Amy said...

I love all of the photos! What special memories you have captured!

darlene said...

The picutes are beautiful -- just like your family.

You really aren't that grumpy. It is all about you right now!

To honor your wishes about conversation -- how's the weather?
Read any good books lately?

Love you. :-)

sunni said...

What great pictures!

Mama Jeannie said...

Jenny, just catching up on your blog. Beautiful photos of your family with "Bug". Love that little term of edearment too, "BUG". So cute. Can't wait to hear if it's more snakes, snails, and puppy dog tails or sugar and spice and everything nice. Who says girls don't like critters and adventures in the mud though? :) Whoever your little one already is, will be a perfect fit for your growing family. God bless you.