Finally made it! I remember when I had Carter the doctor told me, "You know, this is the only birthday this child has. After that it's really just anniversaries." And that's actually true.
Well, I found out on election night back in early November that we would be expecting this new bundle of joy. And now I think that was a really long time ago. I'm so glad to finally be here today. After a year of infertility and 9 months of pregnancy I feel like it's about time we meet. Don't really know if you're a boy or a girl... gut tells me boy. But gut told me Caleb and Carter were girls, so I'm really completely unreliable.
No sappy last minute thoughts. I adore my 2 boys and am thrilled to be giving them another sibling... as are they. Both sets of parents arrived yesterday as well as SIL Emily. We had a great big family night out where Stew joined the fun. Came home to our usual Wednesday night summer activity- watching Wipeout. I laughed so hard I thought I'd break my water... but didn't happen.
So, on to my 3rd induction. Vicki popped by yesterday to calm my paranoid nerves. She confirmed baby is STILL head down- PTL! I wouldn't put it past any child of mine to flip flop thanks to Carter. Isn't it nice to have my own personal L&D nurse make house calls? I do have amazing friends.
So, off for the final shower and getting dressed. Baby moved all night long waking me at 3am. At least I got almost 5 hours sleep. That's good, huh? Too bad I took a Tylenol PM where I'm still feeling the hangover side effects.
Enough rambling. Say a prayer for me. Hoping all goes smoothly, but knowing anything can happen. Ready to know. Ready to tell my boys. Ready to celebrate with friends and family.
Steve will post an announcement here, but with Facebook and texting and phone calls I'm sure most of you will know long before Steve makes it to the computer.
Time to go have a baby...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
I had a dream last night that you had a little girl and named her Kaitlyn. Just thought I would share that with you...I also said a prayer for you when I awoke from the dream...can't wait to hear if my dream is true or false. :-)
I'm so excited for you, Jenny -- for all sorts of reasons. Love you, and I've loved sharing this journey with you.
How very exciting! Sending love and prayers!
So excited for you and just waiting for the big news. Praying that this is a really special day for you and all your family.
A girl would've been awesome, of course, but I think ALL boys is SO FUN!!! They're going to be such good buddies forever! Can't wait for Steve's post! By the way, Ainsley was born at 3:11pm. :)
Just caught up on all of your blogs. You are a beautiful Mom and Brenner is lucky to have you. Can't wait to see you this week.
Post a Comment