I know there was lots of concern about my lack of nesting. It wasn't until a few days before Brenner's birth that I decided it was time to get some baby things out. I just want everyone to know that Brenner has many places to go when it's bed time.
Here's our bedroom. We borrowed this beautiful bassinet from a neighbor. Since we now have a wonderful window A/C unit (you can see it on the far right window), we decided he might need to be closer to us. Window units make lots of noise, so we were afraid we wouldn't hear him elsewhere. And I'm not ready to listen to a monitor all night. Of course, by early morning he often ends up next to me in bed so I can get some last minute shut-eye before the day starts.
Here's our office- aka, the downstairs nursery. We've since filled the changing table with diapers and filled the drawers with all kinds of baby stuff. This works temporarily so we're not going up and down the stairs for everything. It's crowded, but it works.
And here's his crib. He has yet to even see the crib much less get in it. It currently resides in what is known as Carter's room. I've told Steve that I'm just going to have 2 bedrooms for 3 boys. Wherever they want to sleep is fine with me! :-) Now I'm sure once Brenner makes his way upstairs (must be sleeping thru the night) then Carter will opt to move into Caleb's room permanently. Who wants to share a room with a baby?? We'll have to see.
And here's one of my favorite baby gifts. My friend, Kim, made this pillow and brought it to me in L&D. Any of you heard of James Taylor's song "Sweet Baby James"? Well, it's the sweetest song. Can't believe it took having 3 James babies before learning about this song! Anyway, it's now the ringtone on Steve's cell when I call him. Ahhh... so sweet.
But, this is one of his favorite spots to sleep. Oh, life just doesn't' get any better than this!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
He already looks so different! I am glad he has so many special places all over the house to sleep.
I'm so relieved to see all his many placed to sleep, but on your shoulder is my favorite of all. So sweet!
I miss him (and all the rest of the family) already.
Jenny...He's beautiful! So happy for all of you!
So cute! I love all his beds and I love that you're so relaxed about all of it.
Great pillow! I knew Kim had made it but I hadn't seen it ... I love it. That's one of my favorite songs.
Love all the pictures.
I am so impressed with how clean your bedroom is. :)
Precious!!! Love all Brennen's beds and I especially love the picture of him sleeping on your shoulder. Isn't that the best in new mommy moments? You are such a good mama Jenny.
Post a Comment