Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy Birthday, Elfy!

Today is Elfy's 2nd birthday. Or, as Caleb would say, "She's 14 years old."
Who would have thought we would have made it this long with her? Between 9 months and 1 year we tried giving her away (to many families). Yet, she kept getting returned to us. Fortunately she has settled down quite a bit. The boys just love her. Even Steve has found a special place in his heart for her. Every evening the two of them cuddle. In fact, Steve scratches her belly more than he rubs my feet. In return, Elfy now feels complete loyalty to Steve. He is the master. So when the boys and I take her out to potty she just prances around the yard and rolls in the grass. If Steve takes her out then she immediately does her business and runs back in. (and yes we have to accompany her out or her beagle instinct takes over and she starts digging) I'm still very indifferent about the dog, but my three guys have all gotten attached. Thank God we've made it to 2 years old. We should soon be entering the "calm years" where I can expect lots of laziness. Works for me.
Happy Birthday, dog. Can't believe you've lasted this long.

7 comments:

sunni said...

Happy Birthday Elfy!

Emily and Andy said...

Happy Birhtday, Elfy! You don't know how happy I am that she is celebrating her birthday there and not here! Glad you have all survived.

Emily and Andy said...

Happy BIRTHDAY. I really can spell! :)

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Happy Birthday, Elfy! She's so sweet ... I'm glad you kept her. I love hearing that Steve is attached to her after he's tried to get rid of her so many times.

amy said...

Happy Birthday, Elfy! You're a sweet dog, but I'm happy you remained part of the James family. I wouldn't trade my two Beagle babies for the world! :)

Shane & Ambra said...

Happy Birthday Elfy! I just noticed that we both have the same couches. Except ours is the chocolate brown color. Is yours a sectional? We have a sectional, it is upstairs in the gameroom. I guess family minds think a like even when in different cities. lol

darlene said...

Happy Birthday, Elfy.

It is fun to see Steve and the boys with Elfy. They all have fun and Steve has definitely bonded -- in spite of the rocky start. :-)